Family Nights Ideas are a Great Way . . .
- for parents to discover what their kids are learning at school.
- for parents to make connections and build relationships with the other parents.
- for the whole school to enjoy a great night of family friendly entertainment together.
Some Exciting Family Night Ideas to Host at Your School
Since 2006, I have performed thousands of day time assemblies and hundreds of family nights for schools. During that time I have discovered some creative ways to make Family FUN Nights “pop” at your school. Below is a working list of ideas that have been used with cooperating schools.
Dr. Seuss Literacy Night
Great for Read Across America week or any time of the year!
- Host the Salute to Seuss show by Amazing Teacher.
- Invite students, parents and staff to dress up as their favorite book character.
- Provide Seuss Themed Food & Drink Refreshments before or after the show.
- Have a pre-show contest using trivia questions about popular children’s literature.
Reading is Magic Night
Can be done any time of the year
- Host any of the Amazing Teacher School Shows.
- Steve can make the Principal or Librarian’s head disappear.
- The vanishing head is a great way to maximize attendance at your event.
- Use our Magic Made Easy handouts to teach everyone some Amazing Tricks.
- Have a pre-show contest and the winners help Steve on stage.
Polar Express Night
Great for Cold Winter Family Nights in November and December!
- Host the Arctic Express OR the Jingle Bell Magic show by Amazing Teacher.
- Invite students to come dressed in their PJ’s.
- Serve Hot Cocoa and Cookies for refreshments.
- Demonstrate the Spirit of Giving and the Magic of Sharing with a Toy or Book Swap.
Ice Cream Party Night
Great for Back to School, Fall Festivals, or End of Year Celebrations
- Host the Celebrate Reading Magic Show by Amazing Teacher.
- Have families to make Ice Cream in a Bag.
- Invite the local library to sign up students for a library card.
- Any student who signs up, or already has a card, is eligible for prizes.
Go Wild! Night
Great for Spring Flings, Fall Festivals, or End of Year Celebrations
- Host the Go Wild Science and Reading Magic Show by Amazing Teacher.
- Have families send pictures of their pets and compile a pre-show PowerPoint.
- Have students come dressed as their favorite backyard animal.
- Discover the magic of science in your backyard.